Wednesday 13 July 2022

APPEALING TO LIEUTENANT ALAN LEE'S NEXT-OF-KINS TO CLAIM HIS SKULL IN SARAWAK. I'm taking a long shot through my blog here. Hoping this message can get to the NOK of Alan Lee. S Lt Alan Lee was the Resident of Lingga, a District in the 2nd Division of Sarawak, during the reign of Rajah Charles Brooke in the 19th Century. He was killed in a battle against the Iban Warrior called Rentap on 24 April 1853. His head was kept by another Iban Warrior as his war trophy. It was passed on through his generation till this day. The head-hunting days in Sarawak is long gone and the skulls that used to adorn long houses have also disappeared, with the exception of a few including Alan Lee's. Today the modern generation of the Warrior who killed Alan Lee do not want to keep the head any more and wish to see it buried with the headless body of Alan Lee in the Old Cemetery in Kuching, Sarawak. I have tried to get help from the Sarawak Government and even the British Consulate in Kuala Lumpur but the response I got was not promising. From the response I got, the State Government seemed reluctant to handle the matter. I don't know the reasons. In matters like this, it should not be politicised. It is a humanitarian issue. The skull must be buried together with the body. If my approach seemed to meet a dead end, perhaps the best way is for the NOK of Alan Lee to appeal to the Govt of Sarawak to help out with the case. The NOK can contact me through my email: rizalbob@gmail.com/ I will provide all the details required. Lt Col Robert Rizal Abdullah PGB rizalbob@gmail.com Perak, Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment