Monday 4 April 2022

MY MERRY-GO-ROUND IN MY EFFORT TO UNITE THE HEAD WITH THE BODY OF LT ALAN LEE, THE RESIDENT OF LINGGA OF THE BROOKE ERA IN SARAWAK. Lt Alan Lee was killed by an Iban Warrior named Layang during a battle with Rentap in Skrang on 24 April 1853. Layang kept the head as his prized trophy and had passed it through his generation till this day. One of his last generation had contacted me to help him dispose the skull. He does not want to be burdened with its safekeeping anymore. Perhaps the Authority can reunite the head with the headless body of the poor Alan Lee who was buried at the Old Cemetry in Kuching, Sarawak. I tried contacting the Authority. No response. The other Department came to have a look at the skull but did not take subsequent actions. Don't know why. Perhaps they have their own reasons. I contacted the British Consulate. Also a dead end. It is not in their charter of duties. I was hoping at least they could refer me to any relevant Authority instead of telling me to do my own searches for the relevant Authority. I am now going the full circle. The responsibility rests with the Sarawak Government. I was told the NOK of Lt Alan Lee did come to Sarawak in search of the missing head but was unsuccessful. He found only his sword. If this news come to his attention, he can contact me through my email rizalbob@gmail.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment