Thursday 25 September 2008

Starting My Blog

I'm basically not very well versed with the use of computers. I used it merely as a type writer - of course much convenient and faster than the conventional ribbon-fed type writers. In some aspects, I'm better-off than many of my friends. This is because my son is IT trained and I used to ask him to teach me a thing or two. Over the years, I have joined a number of poetry-writing and discussion groups in the internet. Some were free while some were not. In all of them, I never last more than a year as I became disillusioned and discouraged - maybe just because I carry an Asian name, my contributions were less read. Or may be as my name was not established, I couldn't attract the readers to my writings. In the end I became discouraged and disillusioned. A year ago, a friend, David Chin of NZ convinced me to join Multiply which I did. I'm still a member. I put all my poems and short stories in there. Just like the other sites, my readers were far and few. So I decided to copy and download some songs and musics into my site and I noticed there were more visitors to that section. To most of them, however, they were just fleeting shadows that come and go. There were no warm exchange of conversations. My multiply is rather cold and lonely. A couple of months ago David again tried to convince me to create a blog - create your own world. I was reluctant. Isn't multiply a blog? May be it is and just like the rest, I'm beginning to be discouraged and disillusioned too. David was persistent - he would make a good salesman! Yesterday I told him I'll give a try. And here I am with my blog "PGBWarrior". Malaysians will know what the "PGB" stands for. It is a coveted bravery award. Well, this is my first entry. I don't know really where to start. Should I start my story from 50 years ago? Or should I start with the recent happenings? Oh well! I shouldn't worry too much at this stage. Perhaps everything will fall into place as I go along. And as I go along, I hope to meet more friends here. So here's cheers to all of you who'll take the trouble to read my first entry. Thank you.

18 comments:

  1. Robert,
    You are a fast learner alright. It took me more than a week to start my first blog.

    David

    ReplyDelete
  2. David,

    Thanks. I'll get back to you if I encounter some problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robert,
    Nice to read your first blog. Keep
    up with your blog. It was nice.

    David Teng

    ReplyDelete
  4. David Teng,

    Thank you for your encouragement.


    Robert Rizal

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad that I will be reading amongst others something as genuine as this!

    Historically value added too.

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chang Yi,

    Thanks for visiting my blog


    RM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rizal,

    Congratulations, how many weeks did you take to put this one up. Mine is still incomplete until now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Hasmadi,

    I have posted 5 articles within 2 weeks.

    Thanks for visiting. Looking forward to reading yours.

    Rizal

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tuan.

    All you have to do is write from memory. As an amateur writer myself, I find that writing from my own knowledge is easier rather than writing fiction.

    If it comes from your mind, and your memories long past, it will flow like the river.

    Welcome to to blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Col.

    I just happen to stumbled upon your blog 3 days ago Sir. My only comment is.. you should done this earlier Sir..

    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  11. Col.

    I just happen to stumbled upon your blog 3 days ago. My only comment... you should done this earlier Sir.

    All the best

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marc,

    Thanks for the encouragement. Do I know you? Are you Marc Daniel of KRAT (KGAT)?

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  13. It’s just my nickname… I’m sure you don’t know me Sir… nonetheless; I knew your name and deeds from the book I read… By coincidence, I’d just finish reading the book, Pahlawan Angkatan Tentera Malaysia... part 1 & 2… it’s an honour to ‘talk’ with one of the pahlawan himself…

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Marc,

    It is a good feeling to know you are being noticed. Major Syed Othman did a very good job in compiling the two books on SPs and PGBs, bearing in mind he is blind on both eyes due to a bobby trap.

    My story is mixed up with another soldier who was in my group when I made the attack.

    If you are interested, I have just launched my biography "My Adventure" in Kuching by the Chief Minister on Nov. 6 and in KL by Datin Seri Jean Abdullah on Dec 10. The price is RM45. Just give me your address and i will post the book to you. You can bank in the amount to my bank.

    The other book I launched was an anthology (a book of poetry). The price is RM35.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Col. I’ll email you my details later…

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Col,

    Just bumped into your blog again n spent an hour reading some of your interesting articles. In fact, I have visited it when you first started writing about your encounters with the communists in S'wak. I truly enjoyed them. Thank you for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Col,

    Just bumped into your blog again n spent an hour reading some of your interesting articles. In fact, I have visited it when you first started writing about your encounters with the communists in S'wak. I truly enjoyed them. Thank you for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Danilo,

    Thanks for dropping by.

    Have you seen my biography "My Adventure"?

    1973 in Sarawak was my Year. I had made about 5 contacts with the CTs. I was then a young 26 year old Captain and full of adventure. I was awarded a gallantry award.

    Saw you are involved in MLM? What MLM is that?

    ReplyDelete