Thursday 23 November 2017

Immortalising my three battles with the Communist Terrorists (CTs) in Sarawak in 1973.

I am trying to immortalise my three battles with the CTs in Sarawak in 1973 through my sketches.
I had always regretted for not bringing a camera to record the events. It was never thought of at that time to record events by using the camera. We had lost invaluable records that way. What a pity.

I tried to imagine and paint the situations at the time of the battles as closely as I could.


                                                 Operation Jelaku 6. A dawn attack on a CT camp on
                                          11 Oct 73 in a swampy area now known as Asajaya, near
                                          Kuching, Sarawak. Eliminated 7 CTs.

                                               Operation Beruang 1. 21 May 1973. Serian area near
                                          Balai Ringin, Sarawak. Eliminated the 4th leader of 3rd Company
                                          PARAKU.
                           
Operation Jelaku 3. 28 Jan 1973. My first battle with
a group of CTs in the swamp of Asajaya. Eliminated 2 CTs.

No comments:

Post a Comment