Saturday 23 October 2010

Tanjong Lobang School Reunion 101010

Finally the Reunion took place on 101010. We had planned it on 080808. Unfortunately it coincided with the Beijing Olympic and had to be postponed. I was in TLS from 1962 - 1967 (Form One to Lower Six). Midway through Lower six, I went for my Army Cadet training in the Royal Military College, Sg Besi, Kuala Lumpur for two years. In 1972 the school became Tanjong Lobang College and later renamed College Tuanku Dato Haji Bujang (the Governor of Sarawak). Although almost completely rebuilt and almost unrecognisable, it was many shades lower than what it was during my time. Indeed he number of students are very much reduced. We lamented over it and wish it could gain the same status of MCKK (Malay College Kuala Kangsar) where many leaders were made. During our time too, Tanjong Lobang School had made many of the Country's leaders.
Some of us posed infront on the School's Administrative Office.
I'm standing on extreme left.
We presented a token "scholarship" to two outstanding students.
The girl on the left is a Penan
With my two grandchildren outside my Form 5 classroom.
I was sitting on the same table and spot in my form 5 classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment